Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Paper-Piecing



Pretty Little Dresses!


I think the best way to add a little interest to plain clothing  is to do some paper -piecing! I bought this image just for that purpose. The best thing about this technique is that you can use up the tiniest of scraps to create something cute. 


Tools: Copics, White gel pen, Cuttlebug with Marianne die, Nellie Snellen embossing leaf punch set, SU! Slot punch, Dauber, Pink ink

Papers: SU! Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue, Garden Green, Neenah smooth white, Blue plaid DP

Embellishments: Grosgrain ribbon, Flower pot charm Prima flowers, Brads

I've entered this in The Pink Elephant Challenge,  Paper-piecing
******************************


 Another image purchased for this technique!

I cut a tiny slot in the image panel and inserted the ribbon for her hat.

Image: Purrfect Friend from Picture Kitchen Studio (Cuddly Buddly)

Tools: Copics, White gel pen, MS Fence border punch

Papers: SU! Cool Caribbean, Melon Mambo, Neenah smooth white, Cosmo Cricket DP

Embellishments: Narrow satin ribbon, Enameled and plain brads

I've entered this in Digi Doodle Shop's Best Challenge, Anything Goes
 
Paper-Piecing Instructions 
for Digital Images

I print out the image I'm going to use twice...once on good CS and again on computer paper. I then tape a scrap of DP over the image on the computer paper, making sure to cover everything I want to piece and being careful that the tape isn't over the part of the image I want to use. The next step is to run that through the printer again, printing the image for a third time. I color the CS image first, then adhere the cut out  piece or pieces, being careful to glue down all the edges well.

I hope you'll give this a try! I think you'll like it as much as I do!
Thanks for looking!
Elaine

5 comments:

ahlers5 said...

Just beautiful. I especially love the top card. One of my favorites for the day. Lovely work! Thanks for joining us at DDSC.
Diane

dj1952 said...

Both of your cards are beautiful. Your paper piecing is gorgeous. I love to do it, but I forget to most of the time. I love your ribbon also, especially how it looks like it's coming from the hat. Thanks for joining us at DDSC. Hugs, dj

KraftyKoolKat said...

Two very gorgeous adorable cards. Thank you for joining us at DDSC this week and good luck.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Kathlene said...

I just *LOVE* Mo's images and this one is calling my name. Just finished & posted a card on my blog using her Fairy Baby Puddle riding the frog...so much fun to color! I have that Marianne die and love how you've doubled it as a mat. Thanks for the inspiration! xoxo

Dawn M said...

I'm finally catching up on my blog surfing!

I think your cards are fab! I was wondering how you "use up the tiniest of scraps."

Ah ha! Tape it to an already printed image and print again! THANKS so much for the tip!!!