Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Odds & Ends


An Assortment


My husband needed a Sympathy card, so this is what I came up with.

Images: Peony from Fred She Said, Digital sentiment from Paper Garden Project

Tools: Copics, White gel pen, Mounting tape, Tacky tape, Cuttlebug with Nestie ovals and embossing folder

Papers: SU! Sage Shadow, Cool Caribbean, Neenah smooth white, Basic Grey DP

Embellishments: Lace trim, Satin Ribbon, Pearl cabochons
#########################################

  This is a Thank You for a lovely old couple who put up nine of our family members in their five bedroom rental house in northern New Hampshire at no charge! Their grandson is good friends with our youngest, so they wouldn't take any money. We left them something anyway, of course!



Images: Pansy Cluster (?), SU! stamped greeting

Tools: Copics, Cuttlebug with Nesties and Parisian Accents die, MS Hydrangea punch

Papers: SU! Perfect Plum, Pale Plum, Confetti white, Neenah smooth white, Gingham DP

Embellishments: Pearl Cabochons, Seed beads, Satin Ribbon
************************************

I finally got around to finishing  a Trudy card. I had her colored and the dresses made, but I had just put them aside in an envelope. I winged it while putting it together, so things didn't work out exactly as I'd intended. I'll do it a bit differently next time.

  This is how it looks when closed.



Here it is opened.



Here she is with her dresses.



She can stand on her own. You can see the slits in the card which keep her in place. 
This is actually mounted on a slightly larger card so that I can insert a printed greeting.


Tools: Copic, Prismacolor pencil, Quickutz Swirl die, Nellie Snellen embossing leaf punch, MS Border punch
Papers: SU! Melon Mambo, Pretty in Pink, and Gable Green, Neenah smooth white, Assorted DP

Embellishments: Prima flowers, Pearl flower brad, Brads, Pearl cabochons, Narrow satin ribbon, narrow lace trim, Tiny ribbon rose.

Hope you liked the cards!
Elaine

1 comment:

Whimcees said...

Hello!

I love paper dolls and I love your card! What a clever idea to have the stand and also to have the slits to insert it into the card and the sweet dresser 'drawers'! Great project - I have it now in my favorites!

Wishing you a great week!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane