Monday, August 15, 2011

Kraft & Prismacolors



This was fun!

Since I'm a little ahead with my DT cards for Mo's Challenge, I decided to try out my Prismacolor pencils on images printed on Kraft paper. I've been admiring the stuff Dorcas (Be sure to check out her wonderful blog!) does for some time now and, although I don't think I could ever be as proficient at it as she is, I thought I'd give it a whirl. I wasn't ready to try people yet, so I printed off some nature images  and got started!

Goin' South


White is never really white, so I used several shades of pink, blue, yellow and green along with the white pencil.


Tools: Prismacolor pencils, OMS, Stumps, Cuttlebug with Nestie oval dies, Mounting tape, Tacky tape

Papers: SU! Kraft, Garden Green, Gable Green, Very Vanilla, Basic Grey DP

Embellishments: Natural cotton lace, Narrow satin ribbon, Vanilla antique brad, Pearl cabochons

'Button' Mushrooms


I love the 'woodsy'  feel of this card!

Image: Mushrooms from Tidbits Trinkets (Great vintage public domain images!)

Tools: Prismacolor Pencils, OMS, Stumps, Cuttlebug with Nesties circles, Leaf dies, MS Branch punch, Tacky tape

Papers: SU! Kraft, Kiwi Kiss, Soft Suede, Basic Grey DP
   
Embellishments: Natural cotton lace, Grosgrain ribbon, Buttons (mottled with Copic marker), Linen thread


I have a few more images all colored up, and will be making them into cards today. It's my birthday, so I get to play all day!

It's always nice to have you drop by!
Elaine

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards
Hugs Julie P

Pat said...

Oh Elaine...you are so dang talented, girlfriend! I love this look...and your cards are just beyond stunnung!! I soooo need to try this...soon!! Hugs. Pat