Thursday, August 25, 2011

Mo's Challenge # 97



School Daze!

We go back to school in just a few days, and I'm just not ready to get back to work yet! I just celebrated  my 66th birthday, and I'm planning to work until I'm 70, but at this rate, I don't know if I can make it! I know once school starts, I'll get right back in the swing of things, though.

I chose "Trinity" as my image for the "Back to School" theme. I love her droopy socks and big glasses!


I didn't have any appropriate embellishments, so I made some. The 'pencils' are round toothpicks that I whittled and colored with Copics. I added a bit of silver marker for the metal around the eraser.  I made the ribbon flowers by sewing 5 or 6 inch scraps of grosgrain with a gathering stitch. It's a great way to use up short snippets of ribbon.

Image: "Trinity" from Mo's Digital Pencil

Tools: Copics, Peach Prismacolor pencil, Nellie Snellen embossing leaf punch set, MS branch punch, Silver marker

Papers: SU! Gable Green and Dusty Durango, Cosmo Cricket and Basic Grey DP

Embellishments: Hand-made ribbon roses, Metal letters, Hand-made pencils (toothpicks)

Now it's your turn to go 'back to school'! Show us your creation in Mo's Challenge. We'll be waiting so don't be late or it will go on your permanent record! 

So glad you came by!
Elaine

6 comments:

Pat said...

Oh Elaine!! You are amaaaaazing, girlfriend!!! I love your card!! Trinity is soooo dang cute...and beautifully colored. Now...what?!!!! You MADE those pencils from toothpicks?!! You are one amazing and creative little crafter!! I would never have thought to do that!! You're BRILLIANT! I love this! Big huggggssss. Pat

Carla S. said...

This is fantastic, Elaine! I love the colors and papers and the cute little embellishments you created! Terrific coloring of Trinity - she looks adorable!

Debbie said...

You made the pencils... now i am impressed...never would have thought of that in a million years.. Love what you did, absolutely fantastic...

Hugs
Debbie

Sudha said...

Fabulous creation dear.

Cathy said...

Elaine, I love your pencils, I will however make the flowers, those awesome and great way to use up those smaller strips of ribbon. Your back to school creation is so full of perfect embellishments and colored to perfection I love everything about it,.

Spyder said...

Love this card, and the added little blackboard at the side. I've used toothpicks (or those food stick as) for pencils before Great idea1
(Lyn)