It's no secret that I love digital images! Mo's are still my absolute favorites...her images are so well drawn, and so full of personality! You can feel their emotions coming right off the page. Nothing else can touch her designs, in my opinion.
Every once in a while, though, I venture out to see what other artists have to offer.
This card uses an image from an artist fairly new to the digital scene. It's from Isabella's Sketchbook. Check it out. You're sure to find something you like!
Of course, the image is colored using Copics. I used my Cuttlebug and Swiss Dot embossing folder on the large white panel and to cut out the image panel using one of the new Spellbinder label dies.
The lacy panel was done with the Martha Stewart Punch-Around-the-Corner Eyelet Lace set. I don't like the fact that the panels can only be certain sizes, so I cut and over-lapped it to make it narrower. The ribbon and bow hides the seam nicely.
I picked up the daisy trim about a year ago, but this is the first time I've used it!
The white daisy in the upper corner was made using one of the new Nellie Snellen Punch and Emboss flower sets. I got mine at 7 Kids College Fund. They are a great idea, but very hard to punch! I actually stepped on it to get it to go through the CS! The embossing step isn't any easier...I found that dampening the CS gives a better impression. I finished the daisy off with some ribbon leaves and a single daisy cut from the trim. Another one decorates the bow.
Melissa Jenkins has some very sweet images. This teddy bear Thank You is
one of several designs available as a free download to members of her PCP group.
The Copic and CS colors I used were again taken from the Basic Grey DP. The SU! card stock is Dusty Durango, Pumpkin Pie, Tempting Turquoise, and Wild Wasabi.
My Nesties weren't big enough, so the circle was cut using the Creative Memories cutting system. The lace trim is computer paper punched with the Martha Stewart Eyelet Lace punch. I snipped it along the bottom so that it would more easily adhere to the back of the circle with 1/8" ScorTape. I glued some green twine around the circle edge using Crystal Effects for a more finished look.
Some Prima daisies, a brad, pearl cabochons and a bright turquoise bow pretty it up.