Saturday, April 24, 2010

Fun With Borders!


Sorry Shanna





This is my latest "Mo" card....."Sorry Shanna". I think she's the cutest thing! I haven't come up with a saying for the inside yet, though. 

I've colored her with my trusty Copics, getting inspiration from the colors in the Basic Grey DP. The card stock is SU!'s Tempting Turquoise and Gable Green. They are retiring Gable Green along with many other of my favorite colors. I'll be putting in a fairly large order to stock up on the ones I just can't do without! 

The punched borders are both from Martha Stewart. (I should own stock in her company! LOL!) I've threaded some thin strips of CS through the fence punch. I really like the look.  I also punched both a red heart border and a white one, then glued the red hearts into the white border.

The pretty little flower buttons are from an old nightgown I tossed recently. I couldn't throw them away!

Thanks for taking a look! 
Elaine

4 comments:

Catherine said...

What a gorgeous card Elaine ! I love the borders, they look great ! This digi is one of my favorites, Shanna looks so cute with her little wellies ! I adore the photo of your little Elijah... It's just so so sweet ! Smiles from Catherine

Joan said...

What an absolutely adorable card! Great job.

Tini A. said...

Hi Elaine,
what a fantastic blog and what a cute card!!! Love your cat photos - I´ve a tom-cat too :).

Hugs from Tini
N°81 from the Paper Crafts blog hop!

Cathy said...

Elaine, this is tooo cute. Beautiful coloring as always. The paper strips through the fence punch is genius. Love it.