Monday, March 29, 2010

Not Sure About This Card



Chaos!


I had fun coloring this image of  Mo's "Wednesday's Child", but not so much fun putting the card together! Nothing I tried pleased me, so I finally just said, "The heck with it! It's done!" It's actually grown on me since I made it weeks ago, but I still think it's a bit busy. I guess it does convey the sense of frustration the little guy is feeling, though.





The inside says,
" When things go wrong, you might as well laugh, 'cause crying never helps!"
He's colored using Copics. I used my Creative Memories circle cutting tools to cut out part of the circle behind him, then mounted him on Real Red CS, which had a smaller circle cut out of it, leaving a narrow frame behind him. That was then mounted onto a Curry panel . I did some machine stitching around the edges, then raised the panel off the Basic Grey DP with mounting tape. I used scraps of CS and DP in geometric shapes to mimic his blocks. The word stamp is from PrintWorks.
Of course, I had to photograph the card with some of my miniatures! The tiny, fully jointed bear in the little red wagon is just 1 1/4" tall, the tiniest in my collection.

2 comments:

The Wired Angel said...

I think it's fantastic Elaine!! You did a really fab job on this..... and I love your miniatures. Between the two of us we could fill up a few doll houses, I'm sure! Hugs, Peggy

DQ said...

What a great card,it truly captures the frustration, you are so right about that. Love the stitching and the geometric shapes you cut out to match the image. Truly a FABULOUS card!