Thursday, March 11, 2010

Mo's Challenge # 22



Easter Egg Card


 


 Cathy is hosting Mo's Challenge this month, and this week we were to make a card with a different shape...no squares or rectangles! I don't usually make shaped cards, but since Easter is coming up, I decided to try my hand at an Easter egg shape.

I drew an egg 5" x 7"  for the card base and one about 1/4" smaller for the card front and cut them out of CS. Then the fun stuff began! I looked through all my Basic Grey scraps (I save everything!) and found several strips of bright pastels, (mostly from the Urban Prairie collection ) that looked like Easter to me. I glued the strips down and added paper trims from Doodle Bug  and MS punched borders, trimming everything when I was finished. I adhered lace trim to the back edges of the card front with 1/8" Scor-Tape. 


I colored this sweet image (Mo's You're My Best, which is also available as a boy) with Copics and mounted it on embossed CS cut out with Nesties Narrow Ovals. I affixed the image panel to the card front, tied a gingham ribbon at the top along with a small silver "Love" charm. Last, I added some beautiful little roses...the pink from Wild Orchid Crafts, and the tiny white ones from7 Kids College Fund, and finished it with some silk ribbon leaves and some punched branches. 
This will be our granddaughter's Easter card. She keeps all that I give her and displays them on her nightstand.


If you'd like the template, I have it  in a PDF file. Just ask!
Now what shape are you going to come up with for this fun challenge? 
Looking forward to seeing your entry!

9 comments:

Renkata said...

oh wow what a sweet card. I love the layout and all of details on your card.
Great work!!!

Cathy said...

Elaine, Love what you did with my challenge this week. Your Easter card is gorgeous and all of the details and lace,,,Beautiful. Thanks for making a perfect challenge card!! :)

ThatGirl said...

Such a cute card. I just love how you add your little extra's in your pics, with your card. Little Easter Basket, shopping bag so cute.

shulsart said...

Elaine, this is just fabulous. I love all the strips of DP and the border punches. So clever and just beautiful. Those flowers are gorgeous and so is your coloring of that sweet image. Your Granddaughter will certainly love it!

Linda McClain said...

Elaine, What a smart idea to make an egg-shaped card. It's adorable.

Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous card and great idea an egg-shaped card!! Beautiful colors and flowers.

The Wired Angel said...

Darling card Elaine and perfect for the challenge. Beautiful color selection.

Sheila said...

Elaine your Grand-daughter is going to be real happy with this card, it's beautiful! love the egg shape you've used for it.
Hugs
Sheila xx

Fabella said...

Wow, this is absolutly wonderful. I would love to get the template! Try it yesterday but don't like my try :(
my blog: http://www.fabella.de/blog
my email: sandra @ fabella.de

Thanks so much!