Saturday, February 6, 2010

Thank Heaven for Little Girls!



Mo's Girls

Someone on SCS posted a question asking what our favorite girl images are. Of course I had to say that mine are Mo's! She captures the essence of the female sex beautifully, from infancy to old age! In fact, the very first of her images to catch my eye was Mumu dancing. I was in love the moment I saw her...she exhibits such expressive joy and sweetness! As with all of Mo's images, I smile whenever I see her.


 


This is one of her newest images, "Between". It's a perfect picture of that age between childhood and becoming a young woman. We dreamed of what we would be when we grew up and what the future held for us. This little girl is so evocative of all that.

She's colored with Copics and Prismas. The colors come right from the Basic Grey DP. It's an unusual combination, but I love it! ( My wedding bouquet was of roses in a wonderful shade of orange, purple statice, white stephanotis, and English ivy!) I used my favorite "out-of-the-box" technique. I use it often because I don't worry too much about the size of the image when I print, then have to fit it to the die I want to use. I used mounting tape to pop the main image off the card and
 finished it off with grosgrain ribbon, Primas, and a charm.



6 comments:

Sassy Cheryl said...

Beautiful coloring. A perfect work of art. She's darling.

theneon said...

This is so beautiful -- and I agree about Mo's images -- and you do them to perfection.

The Wired Angel said...

Beautiful job on this challenge Elaine. Thanks for all you do for Mo's challenges.

Chrissy D said...

Lovely card - I just LOVE Mo's images! TFS!

Ellibelle said...

Elaine, this is gorgeous. This is one of my new favorite image and I haven't even had a chance to use it yet. I love how the blanket and pillow hangs off the circle. Great colors and embellishments too!

Heather Huggins said...

Oh she's beautiful.. I have to go find her at the store now..