Friday, February 26, 2010

Change of Pace



Sending you Flowers!

I haven't done many floral cards lately. My customers love them, so I decided I had to get some done. I have been held captive (and been captivated by!) by Mo's fabulous images for some time now...I hated to tear myself away! 
With that said, I've found some really great digital floral images that I've been wanting to color. The rose and crocus are from Delicious Doodles, an English company. They have some really lovely florals. There's a vase of roses that would be perfect for Mother's Day.





The rose is colored with Copics, cut out and mounted on an embossed Nestie circle. The leaves are a Cuttlebug die, that I veined with an embossing stylus. The main panel is embossed using the Swiss Dots follder. The gold paper accents are also Nesties. The saying is from and old SU! set called Great Greetings. The Guava, Wasabi, and Garden Green papers are also SU!.
I layered some pretty trim on the grosgrain ribbon and finished it off with some tiny pearls and gold cabochons.


In Flanders Field




I love this poppy image, but, unfortunately, I don't know where it came from as the company name is not in the file name. It was a joy to color with Copics, and is so pretty IRL.
I used the Narrow Oval and Fleur-de-lis Nesties on gold metallic paper and used mounting tape to adhere it to a panel embossed with a Cuttlebug folder. The slits for the velvet ribbon were made with a Martha Stewart punch. With a few gold cabochons, it was done.


Is it Spring Yet! 



 It was snowing off and on here while I was making this card, and it has me yearning for warmer weather! Here in New Hampshire it will be some time before it feels like Spring.
This crocus image is also from Delicious Doodles. I've colored the flowers with my Copics and Prismacolor pencils. If I want a very realistic flower, I'll actually go on line and do a Google Image search for the one I'm working with. It's easier to get a really good color match that way.  I do that quite a bit for animals, butterflies, and birds, too.
I've used my Cuttlebug to emboss the main panel and also to cut out the Nestie label dies and gold fleur-de-lis elements. The card stock is lavender and lilac from SU! and, of course, the white CS is PTI. The sentiment is also from the SU! set "Warm Words". It's stamped on the large oval punch from SU! and mounted on a Nestie tag. The gold cording and gold cabochons are the finishing touches

Thanks for dropping by! 
Elaine

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Beautiful cards Elaine! Makes me wish Spring would hurry! :-)