Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Asian Fusion



Chinese and Japanese





I know I've mixed nationalities on this card...I've used Mo's image of the little Japaneses girl, with Japanese origami paper, a Chinese coin and French fleur-de-lis die cuts, but it all seems to fit together somehow!
I love this image and wish I had more reasons to use it, but, unfortunately, Asian themes aren't too popular here in New Hampshire. I enjoy  making a card like this on occasion, though, even if I can't sell them around here! I couldn't get any really good pictures....it's been cloudy today.
She is colored with Copics and cut out using Nesties. I sponged lightly around  the image with Wild Wasabi, which I thought was appropriate. The Night of Navy, Real Red, and Marigold Morning CS is from SU!. The origami paper is from an online store, California Paper Company. 
The yellow flower was made using a Martha Stewart layering daisy punch, and the red ones were made of negative cut-outs from the die cuts. I placed pearls in the centers and used a few more pearls here and there to finish off the cluster. The Chinese coin was given to me by a friend.
The sentiment is part of a $1.00 stamp from Mikes.




This little Chinese beauty is from my collection of porcelain dolls. She is Lian Ying (San Fransisco) from the series, "American Diary Dolls" by artist, Linda Mason. The dolls represent different sections of  the U.S.A and different periods of our history. You'll be seeing others in the collection from time to time.




Thanks for visiting!
Elaine

No comments: