Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Time to Myself

My husband has gone to an eye appointment and to do some shopping, so I had a little time to myself today. I finished a couple of  Thank You cards from days ago that I had a bit of trouble with. I find if I put them aside and go back to them later, things seem to iron out and I'm happier with the results.


I  had used larger Prima leaves that just didn't look right. Today I ripped them off and made some using my MS leaf and branch  punches.
The daisy is a digital that I downloaded from somewhere. Unfortunately, I have so many images stored that it's hard for me to keep track. I do wish that all artists would include their signature on the artwork. They could then be credited, and  it could always be cropped out before the image was printed if you chose to.
The background  was made using scrap pieces of CS that I ran through my Cuttlebug to emboss. I have sooo much scrap, so I'm always trying to find ways to use it up. Unfortunately, the pile grows faster than I can get through it!

The roses were made using SU!'s "Roses in Winter" set. I never get tired of making them or using them on cards....they're always a hit with the recipients. The centers were finished by gluing on some tiny seed beads.

Day Tripper


This card was also giving me the fits! I had the little guy from Mo's Digital Pencil colored weeks ago, but hadn't gotten around to putting a card together until today. I just couldn't seem to get it looking right until I hit on the idea of making those funky flowers.
I cut three sizes of CS and thoroughly abused them to get this look. First, I laid them flat and rubbed the edges with my scoring tool, which separated the edges and gave it a softer look. Next, I balled them up and rubbed them between my hands. I then sort of pleated them with my fingers to ruffle them a bit (I'm sure they were already felling a little "ruffled" at this point!). To finish off the center, I strung a few tiny beads on thin wire, threaded the ends through the Basic Grey buttons, then ran the wire through the holes I had poked in the centers of the stacked circles. I think they're the perfect embellishment to go with that bright, psychedelic Basic Grey DP. I hand cut the leaves and used an embossing stylus to vein them. Now I have to come up with a sentiment for the inside!

No comments: