Sunday, December 6, 2009

Oh, no! No Mo!






This is the first card I've made in a very long time that didn't use an image from Mo's Digital Pencil! I think by now I can safely say that I'm addicted.
Every now and then I like to make a floral card. This image is a digital from DZ Doodles. Though we had our first snow storm of the winter last night, this card has a fall look, because I love the warm colors of red, gold, and orange any time of year. I also needed a little break from Christmas cards!
I find that before I start to color a realistic flower or  bird with Copics, I like to check out color pictures to remind myself  what the real thing looks like. For instance, the insides of some chrysanthemum petals are a contrasting color to the outside petals. I was a floral designer for years in what seems like another life, so you'd think I wouldn't need to refresh my memory!
I used PaperTrey Ink white CS, SU! olive, gold and orange, and Basic Grey designer paper. The sentiment is "Elegant Cheer", also from SU! The pearl cabochons and border punch are Martha Stewart. I used the Cuttlebug with an embossing folder and Nestibilities label dies.
Lately, most of my cards are 5" x7". That size gives you a bit more room for embellishments than the smaller A2 size. I have to use up all the "stuff" I've been accumulating!

No comments: