Sunday, July 31, 2011

Cheating!


Recycled Greeting!


This card was pretty easy! I received a manufactured Thank You card, which I only keep for a short time before  tossing , unless the sender has written something meaningful on the inside. I thought the embossed piece with the pansies on it was too pretty to trash, so I cut out the center sentiment, under-mounted a stamped greeting, placed it onto textured purple CS using mounting tape, decorated it with ribbon, pearls, a cameo brad, and a punched butterfly. Now I have a card all ready to go out to the next Birthday Girl!

No matter what I tried,  I could not get a picture that was true to color! It really is a rich,  deep purple, but appears very blue in the photo.
 I've entered this in the Allsorts Free and Easy Challenge and the challenge at
Sentimental Sundays...Garden with a Sentiment

Thanks for looking!
Elaine

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Beautiful colors and your added detail is perfect..love the butterfly and cameo...super fine. tfs
www.justwordz.ca

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Fantastic card!!!

Thanks so much for joining in our free and easy challenge at Allsorts this week and good luck in the draw.....

Emma xxx

Cheryl said...

Wonderful card! I love the colors and textures.



Thank you for joining our “It’s A Garden Party” challenge at Sentimental Sundays .

~Cheryl~

Kim Dellow said...

So pretty, love the butterfly. Kim