Friday, April 1, 2011

Rick St. Dennis



Little Bits of Spring
 

Rick St. Dennis has come out with a sheet of 12 images for spring that are just adorable! When he sent them to me, I couldn't wait to get coloring. Here are two cards I've made with the sheet so far. I have other images colored up and will probably have them up later today, too!
He has the sheet on sale for  $8.00 right now, so grab it before the price goes up to his regular $10.00!


I think this looks like "Froggy Gone-a-Courtin." It would be great for many occasions, but I'm using it as a birhtday card this time.
I made the cattails using the SU! Word window punch. I covered the shapes with glue and Fun Flock. They weren't quite the right color, so I colored them with a Copic marker. I cut the lily pad  out free-hand, distressed the edges a bit and made some score lines on it.

The inside says, " ....and have a wonderful day! Happy Birthday!"

Images: Frog from Rick St. Dennis's "Little Bits of Spring", Computer-generated Sentiment

Tools: Copics, White gel pen, Crimper, MS ZIg-zag border punch, Mounting tape, Circle punches, Fun Flock

Papers: SU! Gable Green, Green Galore, Garden Green, and Really Rust, Neenah smooth white, Basic Grey DP

Embellishments: Button brads, Fringe trim
****************************************

I'm still doing baby cards! I love this silly duckling, and there's another on the sheet as well.
I tried the "dot" technique for the first time. Haven't got it down quite yet, but it looks okay.


Image: Duckling from Rick St. Dennis's "Little Bits of Spring" sheet, Sentiment "Short & Sweet" from SU!

Tools: Copics,Tacky tape, Corner rounder

Papers: SU! Only Orange, Tempting Turquoise, Yo-yo Yellow, Neenah smooth white, Yellow gingham DP

Embellishments, Rick rack, Grosgrain ribbon, Ducking charm, Tiny button brads

Watch for more projects using the images form the sheet, and check out what the other DT members have created!

Thanks for dropping by!
Elaine



1 comment:

Hazel (Didos) said...

I love both these cards they are stunning, Nice and fresh colours, Hope you are having a great weekend, Love Hazelxo