Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Cards for Adults

I have so many cards to show you today that I'm going to forgo listing all the elements and just give you the basics. If you have any questions, just ask!

The first two cards are for a customer who ordered them for May and June birthdays. That's a good thing, 'cause I don't like doing consignments, unless I have plenty of time to do them when the mood strikes me! LOL!  I actually have enough time to make more cards in the same themes so that she can have her choice of designs.


Choo-choo Charlie

I just love Mo's image of adults! I think the very first images I purchased were "Mummu Dancing" and this image, "The Engineer." This is for a man's fifty-first birthday.
The inside says, " I hope you're never too old to have fun! Happy Birthday!"



 The rectangular sign was computer-generated, the lantern was a Google image that I colored, and the other two were also Google images.

 Let's Party! 


This one, for the same customer, is for a woman's fiftieth birthday. I used Mo's "Party Girl."
The inside says, "Happy 50th Birthday! Celebrate! Inebriate!"


 In Sympathy

This is just a sympathy card I made up to have on hand. It was fairly quick and easy and uses part of the beautiful "Bunny with Violets" set from Angel's Landing.



Exuberance!

This card uses Mo's " Abby Celebrating." It's funny, but I like all the elements of this card, but am not crazy about the card itself.  I've learned not to worry too much when that happens, because it will appeal to someone out there!



I had a lot of fun coloring the bunch of balloons, though! It was my first attempt at making them look transparent, and I really like the way they turned out!
 It's just a matter of using several shades of the same color and imagining the shape of the balloons that are behind the others.



Well, that's all for now. I've got to get back to coloring!
Thanks for stoppiong!
Elaine

3 comments:

Dorcas said...

Ooh thye're all nice! I like the balloon one best~! Excellent job Elaine!

Renkata said...

Such an amazing cards.

karen irvine said...

I love your card, Elaine! what a great job you did coloring and putting everything together!