Thursday, April 28, 2011

Mo's Challenge # 80


All Pink & Girly!

My daughter-in-law was so impressed with the Magic Box that I made for my granddaughter for her last birthday that she sold one to a customer at her store, sight-unseen! It is for a one year old girl's birthday, and the customer wanted a fairy theme.
I really don't like making them for sale because they are so labor-intensive and use a ton of materials, but she had already sold it, so I had to make it! Pricing something like this is difficult as there is no way I could make a profit on the time it took! No one would pay the that much! I'm just going to let my DIL set the price and then tell her NO MORE!


Anyway, here's the front view.


The back view...


The other two sides have flower clusters.



Here it is opened up.




Images: "Baby Fairy Fiona" and two from the "Little Fairies" set of five from Mo's Digital Pencil, Digital sentiments

Tools: Copics, Cuttlebug with Embossing folders and Nesties MS Lacy border, Branch, Butterfly, and Leaf punches, Tacky tape, Glue dots


Papers: Bazzill Textured 12" x 12" CS, Gingham DP by Paper Pizzaz, SU! Certainly Celery and Garden Green, Neenah smooth white


Embellishments: Flowers, Pearl and Heart cabochons, Sheer and Grosgrain ribbons,


If anyone is interested in the directions, just ask!



The theme for this week is pink and girly...so easy for most!  I was never much of a fan of pink until our granddaughter was born.  Then for awhile I had pink on the brain, and there didn't seem to be any other color! Now I really like it, but still don't wear much pink.


I've used Mo's cute "Teacup Fairy" for my card. It's just such a sweet, whimsical image!
My mother used to collect teacups, and my younger sister got the lot of them when she passed. I appreciate the beauty in them, but my style is more towards the plain and simple look.
Give me a hand-made earthenware mug and I'm happy!

Image: "Teacup Fairy" From  Mo's Digital Pencil

Tools: Copics, Spica pen, Gold EP, Mounting tape, VersaMark ink pad, Tacky tape

Papers: SU! Pink Pirouette & Pretty in Pink, Neenah smooth white, Basic Grey DP

Embellishments: Eyelet ribbon-slot trim, Grosgrain ribbon, Pearl flower brad, Pearl cabochons, Paper doilies

So, here's hoping this finds you in the pink, and that you're inspired to join us in Mo's Challenge this week, and show us your ultra-feminine side!

Love it when you stop by!
Elaine

8 comments:

Dorcas said...

THis is so sweet Elaine!!

Pat said...

Hi Elaine...ooohhh...I'm so glad you were able to whip up this little masterpiece for this week's challenge. I have always loved this little Teacup Fairy...and you have her beautifully framed with the ribbon treatmen and DPs. I am completely lovin' this!! Have a great week, hon!! Pat

Country Mouse said...

What a beautiful card!!! Full of pink and frill! Very girly!

Sudha said...

Wow, so cute.

Ann English said...

Saw this on FB-gorgeous! Love it, Elaine-one of my original Copic super-heros!

Country Mouse said...

Your creations are beautiful!!! That box is amazing! Wow! I love all the details and all the girly colors on both! Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog. :)
audrey

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card and project! Thanks for sharing :)

sallysbitz2 said...

The box is just amazing & stunning, love it xx

Gorgeous card too, both projects perfectly coloured x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com