Monday, June 14, 2010

Ah! Memories!

This could be a picture of our youngest son when he was that age! Boy, did he have a temper! He'd throw himself down in the middle of the kitchen floor, and I'd have to keep stepping over him to get anything done.
I wasn't sure which of us was going to make it through his childhood!  We both survived, thank goodness, and we have a wonderful relationship now that he's an adult.
I enjoy his company, and no one can make me laugh until it hurts the way he can.   




This card is for his birthday. Inside it says, "My, how you've changed! Happy Birthday!"
I used orange, his favorite color. I think he'll get a kick out of it.

Patterned paper: Basic Grey 'Green at Heart'
Card stock: SU! Dusty Durango, Only Orange, Celery, and Kiwi Kiss, PTI White
Tools: Copics, Prismacolor pencils, Cuttlebug with Nesties, Crimper, Oval Punch, Quikcutz Swirl dies
Embellishments: Brads, Ribbon




This image reminds me of our oldest child, and only daughter, when she was a toddler. She had a turquoise tricycle that she loved and rode all over the property. It was sad to have to take it to the dump, all rusted and beat up, after years of use by three kids.

This card is for a co-worker who will be leaving this year due to budget cuts.
Inside it says, " So sorry to see you go!"
I made the little daisies using one of the flowers in SU!'s first Flower Trio punch, I shaped the petals with an embossing tool. I placed a glue dot in the center and pressed it into Flower Soft to make the centers. I love white daisies and gingham! It's just so bright and cheerful.

Patterned paper: Cosmo Cricket and Making Memories
 Card stock: SU! Real Red and Barely Banana, PTI White
Tools: Copics, Prismacolor pencils, Cuttlebug with Nesties, SU! Flower Trio punch, MS Branch punch
Embellishments: Flower Soft, Wired ribbon


2 comments:

Candy said...

Elaine,
Your work is always so inspiring! Love both of your cards. Sounds like your son was just like my brother - temper - wow! Now he is the nicest guy in the world. Love to hear the memories of your family in your wonderful work :o)

Sadilla said...

HI
so pretty cards, and so full of love!!! You can really see all the love you put on it! :))
very sweet cute stamps both... and gorgeous colouring!!!
Hugs
sadia