Thursday, March 17, 2011

Mo's Challenge #74



Let's Hear it for the Boys!

This week our Challenge hostess, Pat, has asked that we make cards for the men or boys in our lives. 
 I  love making masculine cards. They are always easier for me than girly cards, as I'm not a frilly type at all!



I chose this image of Scrooge called "Merry Christmas to You"
My husband and I just filed our taxes this week, and , as usual, we owe Uncle a chunk of money again! I can definitely relate to the scowl on old Ebeneezer's face!

The inside says, ".....but try to relax and enjoy it anyway!
Happy Birthday!"

Images: "Merry Christmas to You" from Mo's Digital Pencil , Computer-generated sentiment

Tools: Copics, Prismacolor pencils, Crimper, SU! Label punch, Distressing tool, Mounting tape

Papers: SU! Garden Green and Kraft, Neenah smooth white, Bazzill textured mocha, Basic Grey DP

Embellishments: Decorative paper clip, Brads

Check out the inspiration from the rest of the team, grab an image from Mo's, and join us in this week's challenge. 

Bear with Me!

I made this card for my husband's brother for his birthday. He and his wife live in a small mountain town in the Sierras, so I thought the bear image would be appropriate.
This card is a bit bigger than my usual 5" x 7" cards, measuring 5 1/2" x 8".
The other day someone asked me if I ever made A2 sized cards anymore.  I can't imagine going back to that size. They seem so tiny to me now! I really enjoy working in the larger format.



Images: Digital  Bear Cub (unknown source), Digital Ticket Sentiment

Tools: Copics, Prismacolor pencil, Cuttlebug with Nesties, MS Branch punch, Mounting tape

Papers: SU! Really Rust, Always Artichoke, and Certainly Celery, Bazzill textured brown, Neenah smooth white, Gold Metallic CS, Basic Grey Pyrus DP

Embellishments: Corduroy brads

Thanks for stopping by!
Elaine

7 comments:

Pat said...

Oh Elaine...not one but TWO boy cards!! You've outdone yourself today, sweetie!! I laughed when I read about your and your hubby doing your taxes...we have yet to undertake that "fun" task (NOT)!! LOL! I was thinking that Ebenezer's scowl looks like me when I'm at work! hehe!! Your design and DPs are perfect as a backdrop for this beautifully colored image. Awesome awesome awesome!! Have a fab day, hon. Hugs. Pat

Alice said...

fabulous cards, Elaine! beautiful coloring!

Mina said...

fabulous cards Elaine...perfect colouring of these two great images
Mina xxx

G Peplow said...

Hi there, love your men's cards they;'re both really great, wish I was better at them:{
Thank you so much for dropping by my blog and your lovely comment:0) xxx

Pop's Cards said...

Hi honey, these are just gorgeous, fab designs too, hugs pops x x x

Dawn B. said...

I feel your pain on the tax issues. You picked the perfect tax time image.. Great job. Your brother in law will love the second card. Reminds me of our bears in the mountains here. Great coloring.

Marlene said...

Your cards are just gorgeous!

Just wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog. Hope you enjoyed the freebie sentiment!