Sunday, November 29, 2009

Adventures in Card-making..... Problem Solving




This is a card I made a few days ago. Originally there were no scrolls on it, but while trying to edge the white frame in gold, the marker splotched! Of course, there's no error you can't cover up with a well-placed embellishment, so now there are scrolls.
I couldn't get to my acetate sheets upstairs (I can't climb stairs, but that's a story for another time), so I cut apart the top of an old card box and used that for my window.
I don't have an icicle border, but I do have Martha's Dripping Goo punch, so I trimmed the goo to look like icicles!
The poinsettias I had planned to use were much too big, so I improvised and made my own using a five petal punch and punching out just one of the flowers from an SU! three flower punch.
After all that, my 'shaker' card doesn't shake! I only used one thickness of mounting tape when I should have used two. I wasn't about to bother fixing that mistake!
I had to overcome a lot of slip-ups in designing this, but I think it turned out okay....after all, I did use one of Mo's images!
I really like the non-traditional colors of Basic Grey's Eskimo Kisses DP. It's so much fun to match your Copic choices to a pretty paper!

3 comments:

Paige said...

I've had card making days like yours too! Your card turned out oh so lovely!

Vicki said...

Wonderful card, Elaine! And such clever ideas to solve those "problems"! Great job! Congrats on your blog! Looking forward to seeing your projects! Blessings to you!

Sandy Hulsart said...

Elaine, your "shaker" card is lovely. How clever to turn drippy goo into icicles. And great job of matching the DP and Copic markers. An adorable card.