Thursday, July 26, 2012

Mo's Challenge #145


Who Let  the Dogs Out?!

We did, of course! The theme of Mo's Challenge this week is "In the Dog House", so doing something having to do with dogs, using one of Mo's fantastic images, is your mission.
I've chosen to use "Guilty Rocco" for my card. I think we've all seen that contrite look an a dog's face before....."Did you do that? Bad doggie!"
I don't know what he's done, but he's begging for forgiveness!




I had fun making this card! I did some things I haven't done for quite some time...I used eyelets and an actual stamp! I stamped the fire hydrants, colored them with Copics,  and used Versa Mark and clear embossing powder to give them a shine.
Since I had no 'doggie' embellishments, I decided to  make a dog collar. I cut  a piece of CS the right size to fit an SU! ribbon buckle, ran it through a crimper, added some eyelets (I had to remember how to set them!), and was done. I'm pleased with the result.
  The brown paper that the DP is mounted on is a light-weight cardboard used to separate layers of cat food in a box. I liked the color and texture of it!

Inside: "Please forgive me!"

Images: "Guilty Rocco" from Mo's Digital Pencil, Fire hydrant stamp from The Doodle Factory, Computer-generated sentiment

Tools: Copics, Prismacolor pencil, Paper crimper, Mounting tape, Fine black marker, Tacky tape, Memento and Versa Mark ink pads, Clear embossing powder.

Papers: SU! Real Red, Neenah smooth white, Light-weight cardboard, Basic Grey DP

Embellishments: SU! ribbon buckle, eyelets

Don't forget to visit the rest of the DT blogs for inspiration!
Can't wait to see your cards and projects this week! Just be sure to use one of Mo's images!

So glad you stopped by!
Elaine

No comments: