Thursday, June 21, 2012

Mo's Challenge #140



The Men in Your Life!
Mo's Challenge this week is to make a masculine card.
I have always loved making cards for men, but haven't made many lately.  Mo drew this cute little guy quite a while ago when I requested an image of an old-fashioned newsboy, and I'm just getting around to using him now! I think he's just perfect for birthday cards!


Inside: "Someone is a year older! Happy Birthday!"


Images: "Extra" from Mo's Digital Pencil , Computer-generated sentiment

Tools: Copics, Prismacolor pencil, Dauber, Creamy Caramel ink pad, Fiskar's border punch, Deckle edge rectangle die

Papers: SU! Kraft, Basic Black, Neenah smooth white,  Basic Grey and My Mind's Eye DP

Embellishments: Brads


This one uses one of the three images from  Mo's "Lazy Mutt"set.
I made it to give to our school janitor, who left at the end of this school year.

Images: "Lazy Mutt" from Mo's Digital Pencil, Digital Sentiment (Unknown source)

Tools: Copics, MS border punch, Black fine line marker

Papers: SU! Taken with Teal, Creamy Caramel, Neenah smooth white, Basic Grey DP

Embellishments: Grosgrain ribbon, Brads




 This one uses an image I found on the web. I use it only for cards I give to family and friends. This one went to a brother-in-law.

The inside says, " ...Another 'wrenching' reminder that you're getting older! Happy Birthday!"

Images: Digital image, Computer-generated sentiment

Tools: MS border punch, Glue dots

Papers: SU! Creamy Caramel, Garden Green, Burgundy,  Neenah smooth white, Paper Studio DP

Embellishments: Wooden buttons, Twine, Grosgrain ribbon, Wrench charm

So there you have it, some of my examples of cards for the men in your life. Grab one of Mo's fabulous masculine images and make a card or project to enter in Mo's Challenge this week.

 Glad you stopped in!
 Elaine

8 comments:

Carla S. said...

Fantastic guy cards, Elaine! Love the designs and fun images and sentiments!

Dorcas said...

LOL! So cute Elaine! I love the dogoneit best!!

Alina said...

they are all so pretty, Elaine, gorgeous papers! and I like the way you have taken your photos!
hugs, Alina

Debbie said...

All three cards are just fantastic!!

Hugs
Debbie

Tracy said...

Each and every one of these is fantastic Elaine. Those little miniature tools are too stinkin' cute! I'd say you have the man cards down pat. Well done!

Iulia said...

Totally adorable guy cards, Elaine! Ypou never cease to amaze me with all those miniture stuff! The tool box is great!!!
And I just love all the sentiments! Perfectly chosen!
Have a great weekend sweetie!
Hugs, Iulia

Pat said...

Yikes, girlfriend! You've been making "masculine" cards like crazy!! I love each and every one of these! Your coloring is brilliant, as always! Hugs. Pat Frank

Unknown said...

Wow these are all stunning Elaine what fab cards and a super blog well done Hugs Elaine