Monday, February 6, 2012

Rick's Doodle



Twitter-Pated Valentine

I need a lot of Valentine's Day cards, so I'd better get going!
This is one of my first for this year. I've used an image called "Happy Doodle" from Rick St. Dennis that's available at his Etsy store.


This is called a Tri-Shutter card, and the tutorial can be found here on Split Coast Stampers
 I've been eyeing this design for some time, but just got around to making one! They are involved, but not at all difficult.  Rick's image is so cute and funky that I decided to go for an equally wild and funky color scheme, complete with goofy flowers!


Here's a close-up of the image. When the card was done, I wished that I had made the image a little larger so that it would stand out better among all the other elements. These cards are rather busy!

Image: "Happy Doodle" from Rick St. Dennis, Computer-generated sentiments

Tools: Copic markers, Spica glitter pens, Martha Stewart Heart and Bird Punches, Cuttlebug with Nestie and MTF Dizzy border die, Mounting tape

Papers: SU! Real Red, Neenah smooth white, Basic Grey DP

Embellishments: Prima flowers, Mini brads

I've entered this in the Allsorts Challenge, "Free and Easy" where anything goes this week!
Take a few minutes and check out Rick's designs! I think you'll be glad you did!

Thanks for stopping by!
Elaine

No comments: