Thursday, June 9, 2011

Mo's Challenge # 86



A Great Recipe!

Our hostess for this week, Dawn, has a recipe for us as inspiration. 

A Recipe for Friendship

Take two people with common interests.
Mix together with love and understanding.
Stir in a sense of humor and a lot of compassion.
Bake for a lifetime...and enjoy the fruits of your labor
knowing that  you both have made a remarkable concoction
that will last forever!




I've used Mo's great new wedding image. I think the pointillism technique  perfectly emphasizes their effervescence . I love the combination of the very contemporary couple with the ornate Basic Grey paper and elegant swirls and pearls.
I've used Spica pens on her veil and shoes and on their rings for a touch of glitter.


Tools: Copics, Spica clear, gold, and silver pens, Cuttlebug with Marianne Swirl dies, Martha Stewart Lace border punch

Papers: SU! Mauve Mist, Going Grey, and Very Vanilla, Neenah smooth white, Basic Grey Capella DP

Embellishments: Satin Ribbon, Flowers, Heart charm, Flower bead, Pearl bead, and Pearl cabochons


This card will be going to a young co-worker who's getting married right after school gets out.

******************************

Passion for Plants


 I love this image! In fact, I love all Mo's new images of adults...hope she keeps them coming!

Images: "Eileen" from Mo's Digital Pencil, Digital sentiment freebie from TLC
 
Tools: Copics, White gel pen, Martha Stewart Lattice punch

Papers: SU! Groovy Guava, Neenah smooth white, Basic Grey Olivia DP

Embellishments: Gingham ribbon, Square brads, Tiny roses and rose buds

I hope you're inspired to join us in Mo's Challenge this week!
We'll be watching for you!

Thanks for visiting!
Elaine

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Both cards are stunning..Love how you placed the roses in the pot (will have to remember that for later use), and those three little square compliment it perfectly..and OMG on that wedding card..It is STUnNING!!!

Hugs
Debbie

Pat said...

Hi Elaine...wow...not one but TWO gorgeous cards for me to drool over today!! I love them both...you have such a gift for design! The scroll and lace edging on the wedding card are just perfect! I love the second card too...yummy lime green ribbon and brads. Oh...and your photos are always so clever! Love the teensy flower pots! Hugs. Pat

Dorcas said...

Wow Elaine! Your wedding couple is stunning! Really beautiful. Your gardening guru (as I like to call her) is great too.:-)
Hugs,
Dorcas

Dawn B. said...

Elaine this is fabulous. I love the images you chose for this month's challenge. I really like your ribbon on the second one.. Some of my favorite. Have a great weekend.