Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Cowboy Up!



Howdy, Ya'll!



  I think this goofy little cowpoke is cute! He was easy and fun to color, too. I used a white gel pen to put a pattern on his bandanna. I'm always disappointed whenever I buy one of those pens. They never seem to work well for me, and they dry out so fast! I couldn't get a really 'white' look for the design, but I guess it gave somewhat the effect I was trying for. 
I didn't have a silver  star brad or loopy brad, so I pressed them into a VersaMark pad, dipped them in silver embossing powder, and hit them with my heat gun. Now everything matches!
I love making faux tooled leather. I ran caramel colored CS  through a paisley embossing folder, then daubed on rust and caramel ink. I think it makes a nice addition to a masculine card.
The inside says, " Heard your 'giddy-up and go' got up and went! Hope you're feeling better soon!"


Image: Cowboy, unknown source (If anyone knows where it's from, please let me know!), Computer-generated sentiment

Tools: Copics, Cuttlebug with Paisley embossing folder, SU! Creamy Caramel and Really Rust ink pads, VersaMark pad, Silver embossing powder, Heat gun, Mounting tape, Dauber

Papers: SU! Ruby Red, Basic Gray, and Creamy Caramel CS, Neenah smooth white, GDC DP

Embellishments: Red mini brads, Star brad, Loopy Brad, Screw brads, Natural twine, Silver cowboy charm

Thanks for dropping in!
Elaine

2 comments:

Meesh said...

Brilliant card, Elaine! Some great ideas too!!!
I know what you mean about the white gel pens, they don't highlight as you'd expect. The other option is white acrylic, a fine brush and a very steady hand.

Thanks for the lovely comment on my card (twice!).

Hugs, Meesh. xx

Michele Roos said...

Such a wonderful card Elaine. Love the design and the colours also. Hugs Michele x